Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fear and trembling

Today I had a migraine. No, not a simple headache - a full blown migraine. Having had my first one toward the end of the summer, I know what I am talking about. This time I definitely recognized the signs; inability to focus (I was happily studying Neuroanatomy), blurred vision and extreme sensitivity to light. Quickly downing an Imitrex did no help, the pain came on at full strength. And when I say full strength, my friend, I mean quite literally, Full Strength. Two Imitrex (don't tell, okay?) and four exedrin later, I was on my dorm room floor, pleading for mercy. I actually called Brown's Emergency Medical Service, but changed my mind mid-ring. After all, I knew what it was.
I am sane now. But I await the next one with fear and trembling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To keep migraines from taking control of your life, you have to take control. You must recongise the first symptoms (squinting, tightening of the temples, vision and smell issues) so that you can take medicine as early as possible. Also what foods did you eat that might have triggered the headache - not just the stereotypical chocolate and cheese, but any others. Unfortunately, you need to have more headaches to know these signs.