Saturday, January 19, 2008

Break time

It is 9:45pm on a Saturday night. What is your beloved drc doing? The answer of course, studying Anatomy. What else?
It is two weeks into the semester and already we are moving at break neck speed. I have an embryology exam on Tuesday (thanks to Martin Luther King for giving me an extra study day) and my first Anatomy exam the Monday after. Yikes. Just thinking about it is making my heart race. I have not dared to take a look at the material for next week - to see it all at once, all million white stapled sheets, is to cause heart failure. Instead, I will look at it one day at a time. This way, I hope to preserve my sanity and make it out of Med school alive.
This time last semester it would be bedtime for me. I would have studied all that I had planned for the day, with time to spare. Alas. It is not so this semester. I set my glutes down at the library about 10am this morning, got up at 3pm to eat lunch and was later kicked out when it closed (it really should close later on the weekend, not earlier) at 8pm. Right now I am in the anatomy study room and I am not done with what I had intended. The debate in my mind right now is.....should I sleep late in order to accomplish my study goal for the day, or should I just set my study goal lower?
Break is over.

No comments: