Thursday, March 19, 2009

If not now, when? or I don't want to have to study this for the first time 6 weeks before the Boards.

Several times as I have been studying for this HORRID and merciless exam, I have opened a chapter in one of my board review books (anatomy, for example) and my immediate thought is "I'd rather eat ground glass than study this right now. I can't believe I memorized all this crap during Anatomy...there is NO way I can do it again."
And then I feel sorry for myself and maybe even shed a tear or three. Then, I think....if I don't do this now - I will have to wade through all this information (and more) after classes are over aka board studying crunch time.
Do you want that?!? I scream to myself (in my head of course, I'm in the library). Do you want to be crying and vomiting in terror 6 weeks before the worst exam known to mankind simply because you were lazy?!? Because you wanted to sleep an extra 3 hours?!? Better shape up or ship out, young lady, or I will be mopping you off the floor!! This is the anti-lazy-pro-270-board-score-self help mental Nazi I have installed somewhere in my amygdala. It helps most of the time.
Not so much right now....head and neck anatomy? Give me a break, this chapter is 20 pages too long. Full of pure memorization, as soon as I read "...the external carotid artery has eight branches in the neck." my brain started to hurt. Did I really know all 8 of these branches at some point in my life? Arrgh! Somebody, kill me now. I can't do it, I can't!!!

End rant.

I will take it

one branch at a time.

Back to the grind.

No comments: