Monday, January 10, 2011

Things are back to normal

There are 66 days until Match day. I am almost done interviewing - I have two more and then interviews will be yesterday's headlines. Thinking about the email I will receive on March 14th (the Monday before the match) saying whether or not I have matched, makes me ill now. How will I be on the 13th? *Shudder*
Fourth year is winding down now with rotations such as "the research elective", Primary Care and ethics, where a late day is 6pm, and waking up early, is...well, non-existent. At this rate, residency will be a rude shock. If I match. A ha! Ha. Ha...excuse me while I go cry quietly in the corner.
I feel better now.
I have my Step 2 CS exam Wednesday and thank God it is pass/fail. Really, I just want to get it over with. Surely, I am empathetic and compassionate? Surely, I can ask [fake] patients the right questions in the right tone of voice with just the right amount of eye contact? In any case, this is just another one of those trials that medical school is full of, proving that I am worthy of the future M.D. after my name. Deadrocketcow, M.D. Nice, eh?
You know it.

No comments: