Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I like your earrings

Look, I don't know you. When I'm sitting in the CIT or the Sci Li, and I'm frowning over my Organic Chemistry text book, with the steam coming out of my ears because I can't figure out how to make a reaction work, don't smile at me. I don't want to see your pretty little crest whitestrip enhanced dental formula. The reason I have those huge headphones over my ears is because I don't want to exchange idle chit chat with you. So what if it's nice outside? I have an exam tomorrow, and I feel really, really stupid right now. I don't want to stop my music and take off my earphones to listen to you tell me you're also considering being pre-med, or that you're a freshman (really, only freshmen do this), and yes isn't Organic Chemistry so incredibly boring?
I have synthesis problems to figure out, reagents to memorise and carbons to count. So when you walk in with your pink little ruffled barely there summer skirt, matching toenails and cute tote bag, walk past me, find your see-and-be-seen center stage spot at the table and fuss over the 8 page paper you have due for your English final.
Complain that your class is so very hard, because you have a paper due every other month. Or you actually have to read through an entire book to keep up with class readings.
And yeah, I actually do mind turning down my music. I have it blasting away on purpose. I like a nicely fried eardrum. Don't look at me, and I certainly won't look at you. I have work to do.

By the way, I like your earrings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see...