Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Just a thought

I just got done with a four week Neurology rotation and began a two week public health rotation (read vacation) this Monday. After that, I will have six weeks of Pediatrics to go through and then third year will be over. How fabulous is that? Quite fabulous indeed, I say. After a 10 day break, the real fun begins with my first Neurosurgery sub-I in July. At this point you can interject with some syrupy sweet baby talk, "Who's an excited med student?" "Who's an excited med student?" To which I will point both my thumbs in a self-ward direction. "This girl".
I am scared, apprehensive and about ready to vomit with excitement. I want it to come NOW.

4 comments:

Stephen T. said...

Dear Dead Rocket Cow,

I love your blog and as I have just spent the last two years writing Legend of the Seeker I especially love the location listed on your profile. I'm writing a cable movie right now which involves a few scenes set in a medical school, and in the hope of giving those scenes at least a whiff of authenticity I have been trolling med student blogs and found yours. Is there any chance that I could steal fifteen minutes of your time at some point? What I am looking for is the incidental dialog around the main events of the scenes -- the little things med students might say to each other in the quad on their way into and out of class, the kinds of things they obsess about before or after an exam, the way they talk to their profs. The Creator knows what I am opening myself up to by giving my email here, but what the heck. I'm at smtolkin@gmail.com, and I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I can offer you nothing in exchange for your time except my thanks. Or I could name a character after you, if you like.

Many thanks,


Stephen

smbale said...

Hey, just remembered your blog. Good to see you are still cracking on! lexmusings.blogspot.com has been haitus for a while.I hope to post regularly again. All the best.

deadrocketcow said...

Hello Stephen,

Sorry it's taken me such an incredibly long time to get back to you...I have no excuse, but to say I get better at procrastination every day. I will write to the email address you gave - if you are still interested.

deadrocketcow said...

Hello Lex! I will be keeping my eyes peeled...