Monday, June 14, 2010

Today, we had a class meeting to discuss the residency application process - from good ol' ERAS to making sure you get good letters of recommendation. These meetings always invoke a mixture of feelings in me. Excitement, worry, fear, anticipation...it's all those and more. On July 1st, 2010, the online application, aka Electronic Residency Application Services will open for applicants to begin entering information. September 1st, 2010 residency programs will start accepting said information for applications. Scary. On top of that scariness, I have sub-I's back to back from July through September and then a required medicine rotation in October. When will I have the time to make sure my application is submitted in full and as early as possible?
In other news...
I fractured the metacarpal of my 1st finger (pinky) on my DOMINANT hand. Yup, just in time for my first Neurosurgery sub-I in July. My arm is gloriously wrapped up in a splint. This should be fun. (Please notice sarcasm here).
Hopefully, it heals enough to gun through tying knots in the OR with hand pain. Or maybe I'll come off like a trooper since I'll be suffering through 16+ hour days with a disability. Ugh, at least I know nothing worse could happen at this point...
...Oh, wait - I have to take the Pediatrics shelf exam next week Friday. I haven't even talked to the course director about the fact that I'm not supposed to be using my right hand. However, like studying for the boards many months ago,
I will take this
one day
at a time.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your healing, God is able to exceedingly more than we ask or think. So don't neglect to pray please