Friday, September 10, 2004

Har de har har har

I have the lack of sleep bug. I am able to sleep only when it is inconvenient for me - say during class, or in a meeting. When it is convenient - like now, sleep eludes me. It stands outside of my window just out of reach and mocks me. It says to me, I will be back when you least need me, like during chemistry tomorrow. I will come visit when you are working...
So what do I do? I read Terry Pratchett, that's what. Right now, I'm reading soul music. Well, not right now at this exact moment, obviously, I'm typing. But you know what I mean. It's a good book, Death decides he needs to think and goes on vacation.
Outside and far away, the world is turning and me being one of the cogs (har de har har har) that keep it working, I realise that everything, after all, is not lost.
So, friends, when it's time to sleep, think about deadrocketcow out in the land of wide awake, and get up an hour early. Maybe sleep will come in through the window and lend me that hour.

No comments: