Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Untitled

I never thought that love could fade
that we could ever part
I trusted all your promises
and gave you all my heart

But now I see the coldness there
that lurks beneath your smile
I know that you will leave me
in just a little while

Your touch is soft but meaningless
your kisses tell me lies
there isn't any need for words
the truth is in your eyes

Oh! I shan't plead with you to stay
or let you see me cry
once the flame of love burns low
it's best to let it die

When it's time for our last kiss
my broken heart I'll hide
I will smile and you'll never know
the hurt that's deep inside


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where does this poem come from?? I've seen many people try to pass it off as their own... some of whom weren't even born when I first came across it!! I'd love to know who wrote it. :O)