Saturday, July 24, 2004

Ode to juicy fruit

I like juicy fruit gum. It tastes so chewy and delich in my mouth. I like to buy whole packs of it at a time, and chew on each stick while I thoughtfully roll the sweet juices around on my tongue. Life is so much better with a wad of juicy fruit gum in your mouth. You can tell yourself that Organic Chemistry is no biggie, that the road to the future glories of medical school isn't so narrow and steep after all, and that you don't have to work on Monday. All this ends however, when the last lingering remains of the sweetness fade away in your mouth, leaving in their wake a desire to scratch your eyes out... Well, not really. It just makes you want to open up a fresh stick. So then it's off with the old and on with the new. A new stick is peeled, a fresh gum inserted, and life starts over.

Hey, I just realised all my times were wrong.

No comments: